The Cars You Always Promised Yourself Collector’s Edition By Steve Saxty
- Product Description
The Cars You Always Promised Yourself Collector’s Edition
By Steve Saxty
The two finest Ford books ever written. This exclusive set pairs them together in boxed slipcases with unique cover artwork. Both books are signed and numbered by the author. One comes with an extra chapter, poster and the other additionally signed by legendary engineer Rod Mansfield.
The Cars You Always Promised Yourself – Collector's edition is a very special version of a unique book about Ford's exceptional vehicles and glamorous coupes that covers 50 years of Ford’s design, engineering and marketing that focusses on the Capri.
Ford gave the author unique access to their secret design archives and he spoke to many of Ford’s legendary leaders from the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s. Former Ford chairman Bob Lutz, famous design director Patrick le Quément and Rod Mansfield - the leader of Special Vehicle Engineering - have all written forewords. Over 85 per cent of the hundreds of images have never been seen before; design sketches, prototypes and wind tunnel models and previously-secret prototypes of the Capri are all there.
The Collector's Edition is the book you always promised yourself and contains many extra features over the Standard Edition:
- Individually numbered and signed by the author, making it instantly collectable
- Large-format full-colour slipcase box with unique cover art of the feature cars
- Fold-out poster – specially-commissioned hand-drawn illustration of the featured 15 most collectable Fords, including 5 Capris
- Over 300 pages, including an extended-length additional chapter
- Designer Patrick le Quément explains his love of stripes and why they worked on the Capri so well.
- Unique illustrations featuring the most collectable fast Fords, RS1700T, Sierra Cosworth, RS500, Capri 3000GT XLR, Capri RS3100, Capri Injection, Tickford, 280 and more
- Designers mark up the beautiful artwork of the cars – the standard and most collectable. Read the back story behind their design.
- The largest, most detailed and collectable book on the Capri that will be ever published.
Publishers' Price £79.95 plus P&P
The CCI will always act with intent to start work immediately on a product ordered (commission) from them and to be dispatched within 48hrs, but cannot guarantee this intent in all cases. If a problem shall occur, The CCI will arrange a date with the client as to when good can be dispatched.
Items sent by post must allow up to 15 days for delivery, as per post office guildlines. All orders over £30 will be sent by an insured service Any order lost in transit will be replaced Damaged or faulty goods must be returned in their original packaging for inspection before replacements can be sent.
Due to restrictions on our product liability insurance, we are unable to supply parts to the USA or Canada.
If any product purchased from The CCI online facility/ catalogue fails to give complete satisfaction, please return it within 14 days of receipt (together with the original advice note) in an undamaged condition for replacement or refund. This guarantee is offered in addition to your statutory rights.
Any products listed with a surcharge are reconditioned items. The surcharge is refundable upon return of the old unit (as taken off the car) fit for reconditioning. NB: Refunds will only be given on returned items which match the item supplied.(i.e 2.8 caliper for a 2.8 caliper, not a standard caliper for a 2.8 caliper). Refunds will not be given on damaged old units (i.e bent, broken or missing parts etc.) All old units must be returned to the The CCI HQ address with a copy of the original advice note for a surcharge to be refunded.